Dienstag, 3. September 2013

Bike preparations for Roubaix cobblestones

Here you find some preparations I recommend for a ride over the famous cobblestones near Roubaix. I used a new BMC Granfondo 02 / GF02 with Campagnolo Athena 11s groupset and a handbuilt wheelset of Mavic's Open Pro with 32 holes at front and back. Sapim Race spokes and Sapim alloy nipples. No damages at all with the wheels.

First I must say that the crankset is not recommended. Though I only have that one, so I had to live with it. 50/44 would have been fine.

On the pictures you see the bike how it looks like after the ride. You see how the seatpost changed its position during the cobbles. I had to readjust two times and tighten the bolt more than usual. The seatpost clamp/collar is a well trusted Surly stainless steel. Very good piece and very important too. I used also Dynamic's Carbon-Montagepaste.

Tape is used to reinforce the Garmin holder, worked !
The chainkeeper is too short for 50/34 cranks, so I customized a small titanium plate to make it longer.
I used innertube to protect the chainstays, mostly for silence.
The tires are Continental GrandPrix 4-Seasons in 28-622 with pressure around 5,8 Bar.
Double bartape. First some EVA, here Ritcheys, and at least Fiziks soft bartape. Works also.
I didn't used Loctite, only Shimano's anti-seize paste for all screws.
Tacx Tao bottle cages used with Camelbak Podium bottles. The bottles are to big for the bottle cages so they hold properly.









Tags: Roubaix, Paris-Roubaix, Challenge, cobbles, cobblestones, preparations, BMC GF02, Granfondo

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen